Thursday, September 3, 2009

If Sophie ain't Happy ain't Nobody Happy

Alright, is everyone ready for college football kickoff weekend?!? We are totally pumped, in fact, so much more so b/c we are watching a game right now, yes Thursday night college football. You think you have to wait until Saturday and then Oh, what's this? A little gift from the football gods. Once all the seasons are underway, the only two days of the week that we will be w/o football are Tuesday and Wednesday, like I said in the last post, the most awesomeness of distractions.

Back to reality, but just for a little bit b/c it's really all I can take. I have had it up to here (you can't see me but my hand is way up high in the air) with reality. This has been an extremely difficult week for Miss Sassy. Unfortunately, she has not been feeling sassy in any way. The changing of medications is going horribly for SK. The only reason we are continuing on this path is b/c since we stopped her Baclofen (med given for muscle tightness) she hasn't had a seizure. We have been a week and 4 days seizure free and any other time you all would hear me screaming like a crazy person from my rooftop, but the other med we have started SK on to take the place of her Baclofen is not doing the trick.

She is absolutely miserable, crying constantly until 1:30 or 2:00am, unable to relax enough to sleep or even take a nap during the day. It is breaking my heart to see her this way, my happy smiley girl is gone and I feel terrible for putting her through this. So now we are faced with this most difficult question...go back on the medicine that made her our happy girl, but brought seizures along with it or stick it out with this new medicine with her miserable??

I am talking to doctors and pharmacists about this so we are trying to figure this thing out, but we need some serious wisdom from the Great Physician here. This constant crying is wearing on the whole family, sometimes we are not saying nice things to each other. I want my happy smiley girl back from this summer b/c if Sophie ain't happy ain't nobody happy in this house, it ain't right but that's just the way it is.

I am hoping for a better weekend compared to the week we've had, time for just hanging out, doing nothing, and not having to worry about homework, if Cooper manages to get through 3rd grade w/o me giving him an ulcer it will be a miracle. I really hate to say we need a break already b/c this is not how I pictured the school year to start (with so many issues, surgeries, etc). If we are needing a break this bad already I cringe to think the shape we are going to be in come Christmas, but nevertheless I am going to say it "We need a break."

I am looking forward to a 3 day weekend, please pray that SK is too. Thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: