Monday, September 7, 2009

In Good Times and Bad

Hooray for the three day weekend! Not having to get up and go anywhere was just the best, wasn't it? I hope it was for your family as well. We spent the weekend at my parent's house. My two oldest spent the night at their cousin's house Sunday night, Chad and the G-man bunked together, so when I woke up Monday morning I went and got the little princess and we spent a lazy morning together. She has been in a much better mood lately so we had some catching up and bonding to do and she was all smiles.

Hallelujah, we are 2 weeks and 2 days seizure free. I spoke to one of her doctors on Friday when we were trying to work out all of this new medication stuff. I had told y'all earlier that one of the medicines she was taking had a side effect of seizures and about the time we doubled her dose of that medicine (Baclofen) was about the time her seizures started so I was the one who was pushing for switching to a new med just to see if that might be the cause of her seizures. Well, when I talked to him on Friday I told him that we had been 1 week and 5 days seizure free to which he replied to me that he still wasn't convinced that her Baclofen was the cause of her seizures. You know what, I got to thinking over the weekend especially now that we are 2 weeks and 2 days w/o a seizure that maybe he's right...stay with me here. Maybe he's right, maybe taking her off the Baclofen isn't the cause for her being seizure-free, maybe we need to be giving credit were credit and praise is due. Well, really there is no maybe about it.

The Great Physician is at work here and with Him anything is possible. We have been praying for healing and for the ceasing of SK's seizures. We have been praying for God's wisdom and this has been proven to us over and over again...sometimes God chooses to work an absolute miracle, and He can do that at any moment, and then sometimes God chooses to work through us (His sons and daughters) and through modern medicine...whatever the route He decides to go it is ALL HIM and we are giving God 100% of the praise and glory for 2 weeks and 2 days w/o seizures. But please know this friends, if SK's seizures start back up 1 minute after I write these words, we will still be glorifying and praising God, not for the seizures, but for His love and faithfulness to us. For His promise never to leave us or forsake us, for the assurance we have as children of God that nothing can take us out of His mighty hands, that He will see us through and cause us to preserve in whatever life brings. We don't just praise and glorify Him for what He can do for us and give us, we praise, glorify and worship Him for who He is and we have found with everything we have been through, He never changes. He is the same loving God in the good times and He is the same loving God in the incredibly tough times.

I know I went way off on a tangent there but it is so important to me that I do not misconstrue words here...our sovereign Lord has chosen to answer some of our requests with a yes, He has answered some of our requests with a no, and he has answered some of our requests with a not right now. I don't understand it all and even harder for me to come to grips with is that it may not ever be for me to understand while on this earth , but one thing is for certain...God and God alone will be praised, worshipped and glorified in this house no matter what the circumstances. He has proven Himself faithful to us when He never had anything to prove.

We are still working through the dosages that SK needs with her new med so please continue to pray that each day gets better and better for her and that God continues to rain down his wisdom on us. We are so thankful for all your prayers.

No comments: