Friday, September 11, 2009

A Day Out

Why is that that I spent hours away from my kids and all the stuff I came home with was still for them? I guess it's b/c I just can't stay away from all the cute little clothes that are out there for SK. I had a mom's day out today thanks to my sweet friends. Now I definitely made time to have lunch with a friend, but I also did some shopping for the kids too. It really would not have mattered what I did, the only requirement was that it was a grown-ups only day.

I actually got out of my car at the different places I went today and walked straight to the door. I didn't have to get anyone unbuckled or in a stroller or have to keep anyone else from getting run over, what a concept...get out of the car and walk to the door. I felt like I was leaving something behind all day long. Oh, I certainly don't wish it was like that all the time, but it's always a treat for me to be out and about by myself from time to time.

A friend of mine stayed at my house and kept Sophie Kate and get this, she brought her violin and played it for SK. Is that not the sweetest thing? I'm sure it was a very sweet moment for them, SK has never heard the violin before and she loves music so much. To know y'all love her even when you don't have to means the world to me, that little girl has no idea how loved she is, what a blessing.

On a different note, Jacob's ear surgery has been moved up to Tuesday of next week so please be in prayer for him that day. Also, we have been having a rough time with Sophie this week in the evening and nighttime again. I don't know if we are still dealing with medication issues or what, but the nonstop crying from 6 or 6:30 until 10 or 11 is getting old, we are all frazzled and on edge b/c of it. She is an absolute angel from the time she wakes up until about 6 or 6:30pm from then on out nothing will console her, even if she is exhausted she will fight it to the bitter end. There is nothing I can do for her during this time, it kills me. Thank you for being diligent in bringing this before the throne of our Father.

On an even lighter note, my friend and I bought Trussville's Learning Express out of their last 3 bags of animals bracelets (all the rage here in the Birmingham area). So I get to be mother of the year when my kids get off the bus this afternoon, that's right way too much money for a bag of rubber bands that my children probably won't even care about in another week or two, if they hold out that long, but for a few moments they will think I am the best mama EVER!! Hope ya'll have a great weekend!!

No comments: