Thursday, September 17, 2009

Our Date in One Day Surgery

He's baaaack!! Now someone please tell me how I am supposed to keep a 7 year old boy from running, jumping, biking, footballing, baseballing and all other things that are 100% boy. Oh, yeah and I have to keep him from doing all those things for THREE WEEKS!!

Jacob really is feeling so much better, his ear still bothers him from time to time and he still has gross stuff draining from it, but I can really tell that the hard part begins now. Trying to keep a 7 year old boy calm, do I get to sedate him for the next 3 weeks?

Now that we have been able to distance ourselves some from the emotions and stress that came with this past Tuesday, I can find a bit of humor in it. Chad and I couldn't help but laugh at ourselves when we realized the quantity of alone time the two of us have spent in One Day Surgery at Children's Hospital.

We commemorated part of our time together with a splendid lunch from the hospital cafeteria(ewww gross) and Chad made it even more special as he arranged our spread on the totally romantic and not icky at all hospital over the bed table, you know the one on wheels, nothing but the best for his girl. We also spent part of our time together, well let me correct that and just say that we were in the same room together...Chad was on his Blackberry and I was on the laptop, believe me people we are seasoned pros at this, I don't go many places w/o the laptop.

Now some of you may get a kick out of this and the rest of you will end up thinking less of me....but I am willing to risk it so here it is anyway. Speaking of the laptop, Children's Hospital has now banned facebook from their hospital server, it was also being extremely slow while I was trying to get on some other websites I visit too. But do you know what I had no problem getting onto? Well, actually Jacob had no problem getting onto it so then I just followed suit b/c I got tired of waiting for all the other sites to download. I promise you dial up would have been faster....so I had to settle for Webkinz World. That's right people I spent part of the time playing games and of course earning kinz cash for my kids on Webkinz World. I know y'all are all so disappointed in me aren't you, but some of those games really are fun and the surgery did last for 4 hours and 45 minutes. Sometimes a girl just needs a few minutes of mindless, harmless entertainment, you know? Don't judge me.

Oh I did manage to get on Facebook some that day too thanks to Chad's Blackberry, but it's just not the same to me as being on the laptop. I know I know, I am so yesterday, but I am just not used to FB via cell phone.

Thank you all for praying for us, cooking for us, calling us, visiting us and just all around loving on us this week, it has meant so much to Jacob and to our whole family.

No comments: