Wednesday, November 27, 2013

This Thanksgiving

This Thanksgiving I will get up and do morning meds like I do every morning.  I will walk into her room and be greeted by that smile that lights up my world.  We will prepare her food, we will give her breathing treatments and we will place her on oxygen just like we do every single day.  I will sit by her side like I do every morning.  A bit later the boys will get up and we will see that smile over and over again as she sees and hears the house waking up.

Things will be very much the same in our world even though it's Thanksgiving and that's okay.  I want gratitude to be a way of life for us.  I want to be thankful for what I have while I have it.  I want to be thankful for this house that's constantly cluttered and in need of a good cleaning because that means it's full and it's loud and everyone is home.  I don't want to take a single moment with these five people for granted.
1 Chronicles 29:12-13 "...in Your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.  Now our God we give you thanks and praise Your glorious name."

No comments: