Thursday, November 17, 2011

Our Princess Lunch

On our last day at Walt Disney World, we had a Princess lunch scheduled at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall in Norway at Epcot.  Our lunch wasn't scheduled until around 1:30, so as you can imagine, the natives were getting restless.  The boys weren't sure what they wanted to do more...eat or just sit down, thankfully we could do both there.  


Grey was literally falling asleep while we were waiting for our table...

Y'all, he was swaying back and forth and I was afraid he was going to wind up face down on the concrete.

You can see how excited they all were to be meeting the Disney Princesses, can't you?  It's written all over their faces.

  
 First up, Belle...

Love that face sister...





Once we got to our table, we were visited by Sleeping Beauty...



Cinderella...





One of my favorites...

I did not realize until after the fact that my little red head was giving his "rock star" pose in all the Cinderella pictures...he was ordered to cease and desist immediately!



Snow White...




  And last but certainly not least, Ariel...


This was our first Princess lunch, so I had no idea who was going to be there.  It worked out perfectly though when Ariel showed up b/c she was the only Princess that Sophie Kate had not seen.  




Another one of my favorites...

Their faces made this trip so special for me.  The smiles, the delight, the thrill and the excitement could be seen all over their faces.  Of course we also had tired, sleepy and an occasional grumpy face but the good far outweighed the bad.  Seeing their excitement on the thrill rides, watching them as they watched all the fun shows we saw, seeing my girl smile almost every minute of every day we were there was fantastic.


Less than a week after we were back home from Disney, Sophie Kate had an unbelievably rough day.  It was filled with seizures that started in the morning and did not stop until late afternoon.  Nothing helped...not her meds, not me, not anything.  It was a miserable day for both of us. Now I was known to say before our Disney trip that in the scheme of things I knew this trip wasn't a big deal, that God wasn't really concerned with whether we went to Disney World or not.  Yes, I prayed for our safety and for our health while we were there, but whether we went or not wasn't really a big thing in contrast to the suffering in this world.  


On that day though that SK and I were battling her seizures for hours on end I thanked God through my tears that He kept her seizure free during our trip.  Her seizures are debilitating, our day would have been done if that had happened at Disney World.  She can't be in her stroller and she is too big for us to carry around, not to mention the fact that she is crying and miserable as are her parents during these times.  God is concerned about in the details of our lives.


Didn't mean to get off a tangent there, but I wanted to share that with y'all.  I hate that our Disney trip has come to an end but so enjoyed sharing all the pictures and stories. It was truly a magical trip, the kids were at great ages for going.  There is not one thing I would have done differently, or anything that would have made our trip better.  It was perfectly Disney! 


Thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: