Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

Mother's Day weekend was beautiful here.  Baseball is winding down for us and things are fixin' to take on the feel of summer.  On Sunday we decided to take the kids to "the creek" (aka the Cahaba River) before heading over to Chad's parent's house for dinner.  






The boys always love it and Sophie Kate and I were able to find a nice spot in the shade.










Cooper's role as the big brother of this family is always ongoing and he not only accepts it but excels at it.





Boys tend to gather in these situations, there never seems to be a shortage of people to hang with when we go to "the creek."






I had a moment early on Mother's Day morning with my only daughter.  It was quiet in the house no one else was up yet, it was just me and my girl.  This thing we deal with every single day of our lives has still not lost it's ability to take my breath away by it's magnitude.  I got lost in my wants and wishes.  I want to hear her sweet voice, I want to see her take her first steps, I want to see her run and play like the other little girls her age.  I wish she had more play dates scheduled than therapy and doctor appointments.  




This is where I have to keep my focus vertical not horizontal.  I cannot view her and our family based on what I see around me, all this is temporary.  I have to keep my focus on eternal things, things that matter, things that have lasting value.  One day this will be a faint memory and the pain and sadness that this world holds will be no more. Hallelujah!!





In the meantime I will love on these 4 babies like there is no tomorrow and thank God that he has blessed me in such a way.  I pray for His leadership and His truth as I mother them in the way He would have me to.

Hope all the Mamas had a wonderful weekend too, thanks for checking in on us.

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.  He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then He said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."  Revelation 21:4-5 

No comments: