Monday, May 23, 2011

For the Last Time

For the last nine years one or two of my children have been attending the preschool program at our church.  It started with Cooper then Jacob and has now come to an end with Grey's graduation from 4K.  


  
Grey and Mrs. Diane...




Grey started preschool when Sophie Kate was born.  None of the other boys went to preschool before they were 3, but circumstances dictated otherwise for our youngest son, who was only 17 months old when his sister was born.  I tried to squeeze in all of SK's appointments while the boys were in school so that I could be there for them when they all came home.  I hated it, I was torn up having to leave him.  Grey soared and thrived though, he loved school and never cried when I dropped him off.  Thanks G, you made and extremely difficult time easier b/c of your laid back, easy going attitude.


Jacob's graduation, May 2008


Each one of the boys has spent anywhere from 2-3 years there learning colors, shapes, numbers and letters as well as forming first friendships that have stayed with them through their early school years.  They learned to write their names and  I loved when they would come home singing silly songs that they had learned at "school."


  






These two have been friends since they met in 3K...they're 10 now, yikes!


This fall all four of my kids will be at the same school for one year. I will have a 5th grader, a 3rd grader, one in Kindergarten and one in 3K.  I hope the walls can withstand the onslaught and that the teachers are left with their sanity intact (for the most part).  All of the McManic kids are headed to Paine in August, hope y'all can handle it!    


Thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: