Monday, May 16, 2011

Keepin' it Real

In two weeks we will have completed 4th grade, 2nd grade, 4K, and the first year of preschool.  It is entirely possible that I am happier than the kids that there are only 10 days of school left, you know my love for all things unscheduled.  As a side note I wasn't always like that, I think all of SK's doctor and therapy appointments have turned me against a life of schedules, I like to "buck the system" like that.


There actually might be one of us that actually misses school and I really can't blame her.  Sophie Kate's class is one of a kind and she will miss the interaction with her friends desperately over the summer.  I have some pictures to share from Sophie Kate's first egg hunt with her class.  I know I am a few weeks late on these but I just couldn't let them go without sharing the love first.


    

Why so many pictures of SK's class?



Because I love her expression, each one is different, each one genuine...




Grey tagged along to help SK hunt eggs...


SK with her teacher...




Her teachers have such a calling on their lives for these children.  I was recently informed that SK could attend her class 3 days a week next year (she currently attends 2 days a week).  Well actually her teacher said "We would like to offer y'all 3 days a week next year, if y'all would let us have her." No wonder SK loves her class so much, she feels loved and accepted there.  It has never been about duty or requirement for them, she is wanted, cared for and included.  It has been a great first year for our girl.  I know I have said it before, but this class is such a blessing to us. 


Nothing new to report with SK's hip, no decisions have been made mainly b/c I am dreading the whole thing.  It's just been clouding everything lately, I've been more weepy, more sad.  I don't want to make this decision, I don't want to have to deal with this at all.  Certainly the upside is that Sophie Kate does not appear to be in any pain at this point, which makes it even harder to choose something (like surgery) which will undoubtedly cause her pain. 



Oh my do we need some clarity, I feel like it's the only thing I can think about and the only thing I don't want to think about.  I realize that makes absolutely no sense.  It's a fine line I am walking right now between prayer and just flat out worry.  If I'm honest, I'm probably walking a little closer with the worry right now.


Just keepin' it real, thanks for your continued prayers. 

No comments: