Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sleep Study Results

The sleep study went very well. I guess I should say that the sleep study results were good b/c the sleeping itself did not go so well. Miss Sassy woke up at 3:30am and never went back to sleep. I can't say that I blame her b/c it would have been awfully hard to sleep at all with all the "stuff" they had attached to her monitoring this and that. However, she did sleep from about 11:00 to 3:30 and they got everything they needed during that time.



The results were good. There is no obstruction in her airway while she is sleeping, there is no sleep apnea. Her O2 and CO2 levels are within normal ranges and she didn't have any seizures during the night either. All good stuff and we are so thankful for the positive report. SK's ENT, which is the doctor that ordered the study, will be very pleased with the results and I am sure we will be taking a wait and see approach concerning the surgery I mentioned a few posts back. Once again...good stuff.



We came home, crashed hard and our little girl has bounced back great over the weekend. She's in such a great place right now. I hear people talking about how quickly she is growing up, they can't believe she's 2 1/2 already and neither can I, but I wouldn't go back to those baby months even if I could nor do I miss them in the least. She is such a better member of the family than she was then, not that it was her fault, it certainly wasn't, it was just an extremely dark and difficult time in the life of our family.



She goes and does and gets along with just about anything we throw at her. She handles all the craziness that is her 3 brothers so well and I think it has helped to have that stimulation around her from an early age. She's happy, healthy and smiley and we are taking in each happy day and enjoying it with her.



Psalm 28:7 "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song."

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Your little one is precious! Actually, all of them are. I am a Special Education major at Ole Miss and I LOVEEE reading your blog.

May I ask where you are from?

Amye Jo said...

We live in Birmingham, Alabama but I grew up in Memphis, TN and actually graduated from Mississippi State. My parents still live in North Mississippi and we have Ole Miss fans in the family. It's a lot of fun during football season!

Lauren said...

oh, I'm sure. We sure have a lot of family that are state fans too. I completely understand the rivalry. That is great. I love your blog and how you express feelings for your kiddos. :)

Adriane said...

What a sweet post. I'm glad the study results were so good!