Thursday, April 15, 2010

Home always makes it better

Alright, we did end up back in the hospital with Sophie Kate. So just to recap we were inpatient for 2 days, home for 2 days and then inpatient for 3 days. Don't ask me what days those were exactly b/c I can't tell you. My days are so messed up that I have to look at my cell phone just to know what day it is, but we are home now and I hope home for a long time.

SK is doing better, we have had to slow her feeds down a lot but so far so good. She has been keeping things moving south instead of north for a couple of days now. She still has a bad cough which sounds like she is trying to hack up a lung but no fever anymore. I think her stomach just can't handle all the "gunk" draining into it along with her food too, so feeding her slowly is helping with that.

Virus is still being thrown our way, which is fine, I'm mean she is certainly susceptible to normal kid sickness too, it just stinks that we have to go inpatient to get over it. I am not convinced that we don't have some allergy stuff thrown in there too, especially with all the pollen we have here and all the snottiness she has. So we have been trying some Benadryl and Claritin as well.

Her sweet smiles are starting to emerge here and there again. It's a beautiful thing b/c they have been gone from us for almost a week. It's agonizing seeing her hurt. I want so much to take it from her and put it on me. Helpless doesn't even begin to describe it. My ache for her and her pain is ever present with a different ache for missing my boys. Their schedule is messed up, they wake up one morning to find their dad and their sister are back in the hospital...it's just hard all the way around.

Chad and I survive on little to no sleep during these times b/c if you're the one up at the hospital they won't let you sleep and if you're the one at home then you're thoughts, worry and concern won't let you sleep. It makes me appreciate the last year so much and makes me treasure the days of being home when my boys get off the bus that much more. There is no place that I would rather be more than here with my family. The 6 of us, with our God leading us and holding us, can get through anything if we can just be together. I praise Him for the comfort that is our home.

Psalm 119:50 "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise preserves my life."

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Praying that home is where you will stay!!!!