Monday, November 23, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

Thanksgiving week is here and I know all of you are thankful for a short school/work week. Evidently the short school week doesn't apply to us b/c we just decided to ditch all together. My boys are thankful for out of town family that we decided to go visit in lieu of going to school this week, ha ha!

Their days at my parent's house have been filled with playing outside, riding bikes, playing with cousins, playing Wii, building legos, going to the movies, a trip to Chuck E. Cheese, roasting marshmallows, making smores and eating just about whatever they want. Isn't it written somewhere in the Bible that there is a time to be scheduled and then a time to be schedule-less...well maybe not.

This is what SK looks like when she is schedule-less...



Yes, we will be coming back into town for Thanksgiving, only to be greeted by more cousins, more food, more family, more laugher and more unscheduled fun. I'm afraid all this excitement is only going to lead to a more and more dreaded Monday morning. I will only have myself to blame for that. In the meantime, I am going to enjoy it and soak it up.

Happy Thanksgiving, we are truly blessed beyond measure.

"You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever." Psalm 30:11 & 12

No comments: