Monday, April 1, 2013

Resurrection Sunday

Easter Morning
Look at those sweet smiling faces.  My kids all in their Easter church clothes posed and ready for pictures.  This picture is so deceptive.  Want to know what was going on behind the scenes?  Well, this was one of about 25-30 pictures taken before we even left for church.  Chad and I were up before 7am in an attempt to get everyone fed, dressed and ready for pictures. "If you're finished eating go brush your teeth," "Have you put on deodorant," and "I still need to get SK's food and meds in her bag," this could have been any given day when we are trying to get out of the house in the morning.  But this wasn't just any morning, this was Resurrection Sunday and our clothes were supposed to be just so and our smiles always genuine never forced.

Here's the deal, I picked out the clothes everyone wore the night before from clothes we already had, gasp and we didn't get around to dyeing eggs this year (don't judge me). This isn't a sprint though it's a marathon and I am giving mama a break this year from all the pressure I put on myself and then all the guilt I feel when I don't come through.  

I want my kids to get more of "The Word" this year than they do candy.  I want us to focus more on "The Sacrifice" than the bunny.  I want them to understand Easter is more than just one day.  Resurrection Sunday is the basis of our faith, we serve a risen Savior and it is every day in the life of a believer.

Philippians 3:10, "I want to know Chirst and power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, becoming like Him in His death."  

So if we pushed a little too much, lacked a little patience, took a few too many pictures, ran out the door in a rush and still arrived later to church than we had planned (ahem)...well then we"ll have a chance to make that better tomorrow.  It's the regular everyday things that make life so special with my family...like the unexpected moment I had Sunday afternoon when my youngest son asked me to show him our Resurrection eggs one more time.  I'd love to Grey, let's sit down together and open them up.

No comments: