Monday, April 8, 2013

His Perfect Timing

The life we lead with this girl of ours has lead me to friendships I would have never had otherwise.  Three ladies in particular have children who are now healed and in heaven and although I never knew their babies in this life I have been blessed to get to know them through their mamas.  We have shared stories, tears, struggles and an understanding that comes when you travel a similar road (not that we have felt the pain of losing a child, I am speaking to the common journey we have in our special needs children). Our stories, however, don't end with the tears, hurt and struggles...there is more to our stories.  We are also sisters in Christ who share joy, encouragement, love, prayer and a listening ear that "gets it."

I have several friends here in town and then a group of online friends that I can bounce ideas off of.  We share with each other what's working and what isn't with and our special needs kids.  Again, I would have never known these folks if our kids had not brought us together.  A club you don't want to be a member of, but provides encouragement and understanding nonetheless.

I remember when SK was a baby so many people encouraged me to be in a support group of some kind.  My standard answer was "Nope that's not for me.  I don't want to see what my future is gonna look like."  I still don't know that that was necessarily the way for me to go, but what I do know is that God saw fit to introduce all of these great folks into my life as I could handle it...in His perfect timing just for me.  Y'all do know God's timing for us is always perfect don't you?  Well, it is!

Isaiah 25:1 "O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, plans formed long ago with perfect faithfulness."

I'm thankful for His perfect timing in my life.  Yes, in the midst of hurt, pain, despair and difficulty His timing is perfect.  Through the questioning, the tears and the sadness His timing is perfect.  And while experiencing joy, laughter and smiles His timing is always perfect. 

No comments: