Monday, October 4, 2010

On the Horizon

I don't have the opportunity very often to see Sophie Kate interacting with other people.  For so long it has been just her and I...yes I see her with therapists but I am talking about just the people she meets...not for therapy, not for appointments just for fun.  Our church's special needs program has opened up a whole new world of friends to SK, both her age and not, but the thing is they are there for pure fun and SK knows it.


It's amazing to me the connection she can make with people with no words spoken at all.  Who would've ever thought that she could be left with a sitter?  Not me, but through her I am able to see the beauty of a relationship formed.  She freely gives her trust and her smiles when she feels loved and cared for, I've seen it in her eyes. I've seen it in the way she looks at her new friends.


Lots of new experiences are on the horizon for SK, she will be starting preschool in a month.  I've known about this since the beginning of the year and I have thought to myself that once school started back this fall time would just fly by and it has.  When you turn 3 (which will be on Nov. 3rd for our girl) evidently the whole world opens up for you.  We have a regularly scheduled and fabulous nurse coming 2 days a week, you get to apply for your Make A Wish trip and you get to start preschool.


Oh, there's one other thing too...SK is getting a big girl bed!  I am slowly working my way towards that one, it's tough moving my last baby out of that crib, it's tugging hard on this mama's heart.  Maybe we are taking on too much for the month of October.  If am going to let anything go I guess it will have to be the big girl bed.   She can stay scrunched up in that crib a little longer, can't she? Ha Ha.  I can't think of a better time of year than her birthday to make sweet new memories and take on fun new adventures. 


There will be more to come on all these new endeavors in the coming weeks, thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: