Thursday, October 7, 2010

Thankful

Feeling thankful for so many things this week...

Sophie Kate is eating baby food 2-3 times a day.  It isn't enough for nutritional value yet (only about 6-8 bites at each feeding) but she has come such a long way from not eating anything at all.  My goal is to have her at the Thanksgiving table this year actually eating bites of food with us...so thankful.


Sophie Kate will be attending preschool when she turns 3 and we are currently in the process of going through evaluations and meetings concerning all the services she will receive through school.  They have actually purchased things especially for SK.  This community has been amazing in their support for our girl and I have no doubt that our school experience will be anything other than fabulous.  So thankful for people in our school that already care so much about SK.


Being able to spend my days with these guys...




Yes that's Grey playing an ipod touch, we've created a monster.  He is so hilarious and brings so much laughter to my day.  So thankful for his spirit...you can't be in a bad mood around Grey, he can always make you smile.



Thanking God for his grace, for not giving me what I deserve, but instead allowing me to see and experience the blessings in my life.


"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen; not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else" C.S. Lewis

2 comments:

WhitneyBooze said...

Hi. My name is Whitney. i'm not sure how I stumbled upon your blog, and your adorable girl, but I'm glad that I did.
Sophie Kate reminds me SO MUCH of my little girl, Suzy Beth.
Suzy is 3, and has 2 older sisters. (She was normal her first 11 months, but aquired viral encephalitis causing global brain damage.)
I loved seeing the skateboard idea that Sophie Kate had when she was little. Do you still do that with her? i think Suzy would love it, and I'm going to have my hubby make her one.
It's been a pleasure getting to know your cute family,
You can check us out over at:
www.suzybooze.com

BLessing, Whitney Booze

Amye Jo said...

Hey, Whitney...the skateboard thing worked great for Sophie Kate, the only reason we don't use it anymore is b/c she outgrew it. I need to get my husband to make her a bigger one. I think she could still benefit greatly from it.

I will definitely drop by and check out your sweet girl too.

Amye