Thursday, September 30, 2010

More Than Conquerors

At the end of our small group time this past Sunday night, we were given the "homework" assignment of reading Romans 8 three times this week.  Really, we're to read the same scripture 3 times in one week?  What you have to know about me is that if I am anything at all I am first and foremost a "rule follower."  I credit it to my "first born child" upbringing.  So read it three times I did and isn't it so amazing that God meets us right where we are when we seek Him and His truths.

There are many verses that I journaled about this week and I want to get to them all, but God has laid verse 37 particularly heavy on my heart, maybe it will speak to you as it has spoken so beautifully to me.


Romans 8:37 "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us."


I have heard this verse before, but this week the Holy Spirit allowed it to fall fresh on me and in the quietness of those moments my tears fell.  "In all these things," in good times and in bad times, in peaks and in valleys, in joy and in sorrow, in the midst of storms and when there are calm waters...we are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ.


It's not our situation, it's not our circumstances that effect whether or not we are conquerors through Jesus Christ.  It's not like on a bad day we're not going to be conquerors that day.  We are more than conquerors everyday, if we are Christ followers,  regardless of what we are going through b/c of the blood of Jesus.


I haven't been living like a conqueror for at least 2 1/2 years (not that I really was before either) b/c I have a special needs child and it's tough and feeling sorry for myself and for her takes up a lot of my time, but God does not intend for me to live that way.  When you look at your life against the backdrop of the cross it is a perspective changer for sure.  All this stuff is temporary, my eternal home is in heaven.  Don't get me wrong,  I'm still such a mess and my thoughts are all over the place, but thankfully I don't have to have it all together all the time.  Thanking God today for His truths and for His patience with me.

No comments: