Friday, August 6, 2010

Every Year

This happens to us every year...no nothing having to do with SK this time, it's the boys.  We are less than a week away from school starting and now they are sleeping in until almost 10:00 each morning.  Seriously...you guys could have been doing this since June.  I am not complaining though, I will just enjoy it for the next few days until harsh reality imposes it's will upon us.

Chad and I have no one to blame but ourselves, but we have so enjoyed this summer with our kids.  Yes, I know that summer is not technically over but for those of us with school age children summer "officially" exists from the last day of school until the first day of the new school year.  We have played hard and stayed up later than we should have.  We have worn our pajamas until late in the day and have been barefoot more than we should have, but that is the beauty of summer.  There have been many days where literally the only thing the boys have worn all day have been their swim trunks, those were some good days.

Of course there is something to be said about the fresh start of a new school year and the organization and routine that comes with it, not to mention the clean white reems of wide ruled paper and perfectly sharpened #2 pencils...it's just that I'm not there yet.  I am still hanging on to lazy mornings, unscheduled days, playing games with the boys, family movie night and having my first cup of coffee at 8am instead of 6am.  I'll miss their laughter filling every inch of this house at 11 o'clock in the morning, I'll miss seeing them in their pjs at 10am and I'll miss their barefeet padding through the house at any given moment of the day.  

Time is going by so quickly it saddens me to think how few summers I have left where they are happy to spend every minute of it with me, so I'll do just about anything to make every summer with them memorable.  

Quick change of subject but I just couldn't leave this one out.  We have had someone sick in this house for almost a week it started with Miss Sassy and ended with me, but that is not the point to this story.  This is what happens in the house when the mama is sick and the daddy is "in charge" and I use that term very loosely...


Alright, let me tell you about this little marker or rather permanent tatto marker.  It's like a sharpee on steriods.  I have never seen anything like it.  The removal process only causes slight fading.  We have done everything we can think of to get this off of them just short of sanding off the top layers of their skin and it only fades to a certain degree.  The rest will have to "wear off."  So if you see these two out and about just know we've tried.  By the way, big brother did this to them and they were all about it and it all occurred right under their daddy's nose...so funny.
    

No comments: