Sunday, January 24, 2010

Predictable-it's not a bad word

Guess who's getting a haircut this week? Oops, was that last week or is it me? Oh yes it's me. I know you are all giddy with excitement, maybe I should take before and after pictures like I did with SK last week, ha ha. Nah, there's no way I could ever measure up to that.

Nothing of news to report going on around here this week. In fact, lately we have been able to string together lots of "not much to report" weeks and I love it. Chad actually said to me over the weekend that "the next time I went in to see Dr. Barron (our pediatrician) that I needed to talk to him about..." I said, "how about I just call him b/c I am not planning on seeing him anytime soon," and believe me as much as we love him, that's a good thing.

You know, when you spend everyday with someone (i.e. SK), you don't notice the changes that are taking place until someone who hasn't seen SK in a while points it out. Here's the thing that someone asked me recently..."isn't SK more manageable and her days, for lack of a better word, more "predictable" than they were the first year of her life?" I have to answer with a resounding YES!!" While I was hoping for her development to be further along I do have to admit that she is on a pretty good schedule that is manageable for our family and that is a wonderful place to be when I think about the trials we faced in Sophie Kate's first year.

There are so many things that I long for and ache to experience with my only daughter, those who know Sophie know what those things are. I have also wanted to be able to go out to eat as a family with her and we are able to do that now in the evenings if we so choose, there was a period of time where that wasn't an option. We spent many Sundays going to church as our "divided family" as I used to call it, now it's rare that our family misses worshipping together on a Sunday morning...definitely something to be thankful for.

Even though we haven't heard her sweet voice yet, her smiles tell us she is happy, content and comfortable. She was so good during all of the boys flag football games last fall and has been equally good so far through this season's basketball games. I am so thankful for that...it would break my heart not to be able to go see my boys do their "thang."

So, I know in my head that she has definitely come a long way from that very difficult first year. Now I need to get my heart on bored with that...it is still so very broken. I am praying that God will perform a work in my heart and that I will be open and obedient to it. She deserves 100% from me, she is so precious and holds my heart in such a tender way. Her darling little happy self deserves everything I have to give in a whole and healing kind of way.

"Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy. He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." Psalm 126:5&6

It's been one of my favorites for quite some time...thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: