Sunday, March 8, 2009

Not Feeling Better

I guess I spoke too soon in the "Feeling Better" post.  The past 5 days have been a strange mix of misery and fun.  First, the fun, we went to 2 birthday parties this weekend, one with friends and one with family, but both had my boys laughing and running wild.  It was a beautiful weekend here and the parties were outside for the most part.  I love hearing the sounds of kids playing outside after having been inside most of the winter.  We are also in full on baseball practice mode around here and it was so nice to be back at the ballpark.  I love weekends spent there, thank goodness SK does too, I don't want to miss those boys playing ball for anything.  It was just what we needed to be reassured that Spring is on it's way.

Now for the misery part, SK has not been doing to well over the past few days.  We are still giving her way more pain medicine than I thought she would be needing at this point.  Mornings and afternoons are fussy and whiny and then evenings and nights are all out screaming and crying.  We are trying all different kinds of things to make her more comfortable and are exhausting all the things we know to do.  Please pray for some wisdom and clarity in this situation.  I am going to call her surgeon tomorrow (Monday March 9) to let them know what's going on here.  I just don't know what else to do.  This is not how our little Sophie acts and we are soooo wanting to get back to what is "normal" for her.  Please pray we can figure this out quickly, this is so difficult to watch.  I want the sassy back in my little Sophie.

No comments: