Friday, March 13, 2009

We Need a Break

The progress has been very slow around here concerning SK's "bathroom issues."  She is still crying quite a bit and from time to time I am not sure that this is really the problem.  We were doing way better than this the first time around with this surgery.  She is still crying really really hard every day and I am at a complete loss as to what the problem is if it is not her GI problems.  One thing I do know for sure is that all of us are sooo frustrated and sooo sick of this.  I talked to her pediatrician today (Friday March 13) and was actually a bit encouraged after we got off the phone, but as the long evening and night have worn on I am becoming less and less optimistic.  We need some wisdom, healing and relief over here and we need it right now!

Spring Break has officially started here and if there was anything else we needed a break from, besides Sophie's incessant crying, it's school.  It's just that they really expect the children to be there everyday and we are really tired.  We need some lazy mornings in our pjs w/o SK crying, that is what I want, along with afternoons, evenings and nights w/o SK crying.  The kids and I will be heading to my moms this week  for some time away.  I'm not sure how well it's going to go seeing as how we have made no progress in figuring out what is going on with Sophie Kate, but nevertheless we need a change of scenery.  I can't even tell y'all how jealous I am of Chad, 4 days of heavenly bliss and not having to listen to one second of SK crying.  I told him when I came back, it would be his turn to go out of town with the children, ha ha.

I will leave y'all with this super sweet picture of Grey and Sophie Kate.  He is so sweet with her, I adore him.

Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments: