Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's the Kitchen Sink Post

My littlest man will turn 3 on Saturday.  Of course I want to say that I can't believe he's fixin' to be 3, but see the thing with Grey is that he thinks he's 6.  It makes me so sad that he wants to be grown sooo bad, I just wish he would act like he's 3 that would make my day.  So in a last ditch effort to get his 3ness back, we are going to take him to Playhouse Disney Live on Saturday along with his best friend Jacob and his mama Mrs. Misty (or to Grey just Misty, yes my three year old calls my good friend Misty by her first name, I think it's the Mrs. Misty that he stumbles on b/c he doesn't do that with anyone else, it's pretty funny though).  We are going to see Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, Tigger and Pooh, and many more live on stage. Oh yes, you will be three Grey, you will!

Don't feel sorry for him yet, he did get a party.  We had a Star Wars party for him when we were at my mom's over Spring Break.  Once again, not a typical 3 year old thing but he does have older brothers you know and believe me, he can play Yoda like nobody's business, excuse me I meant to say Master Yoda, Grey corrects me on that all the time.

Grey with his everything Star Wars cake.

Oh, that face, I'm not sure what to say about this one except wow, Cooper could you stop shoveling cake for one second.

No one wanted to break the theme of the party, so Grey got his own lightsaber (yay, now we have 3), he got his own Clone Trooper gun (I know way too much Star Wars lingo) and he got his own little Star Wars people to play with, all is right with his world, I can tell you that.

SK and Taylor (my cousin's daughter) were able to meet up again, they came over for the party.

Aren't they sweet together?

SK is sooo over Star Wars, but she looks so darling when she's annoyed.

Just wanted to let everyone know, since the posts have been kind of downers lately, that SK had a really good week at therapy.  Her therapists had commented on how much of a setback SK has had since her surgery, but this week they all thought that she looked so much better and also looked like she felt better.  Everyone was very encouraged by her progress over the last week and felt like we weren't as far off of getting her back to her pre-surgery self as we had once thought.  That was great for us to hear from them.  I can tell that she has been feeling better lately, her crying and her irritability are definitely down, but once again I'm afraid to say it too loudly, but I wanted to let y'all know b/c you have been so faithful in your prayers for our sweet Sophie.  Love y'all, thanks for loving our girl.

No comments: