Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Headed for Surgery

Sk and I saw her surgeon today (Wed. Feb. 25) and he has recommended that we proceed with redoing the surgery that was done last March, March 3, 2008 to be exact, almost one year ago.  Sophie Kate's surgery will be done tomorrow (Thurs. Feb. 26) morning.  We have to be at Children's at 7:00am, I'm not sure what time Sophie's surgery is scheduled for, all I know is that she will be the third case done.  Like the last time SK had this done, we were told to expect to be there for 3-4 days post surgery, yuck.

The type of surgery Sophie Kate will be having tomorrow is called a fundoplication, if you're curious.  This time though there is an added little twist, a hiatal hernia repair.  A portion of SK's stomach is pushing up into and through her diaphragm, so that will be repaired this time around as well.

I had been talking about how I needed clarity in this situation and I really believe we have gotten that answer today if not over the past 3 days.  SK has not kept one feeding down all day today, there is not one question in our mind that this is what needs to be done for our little girl, as much as we hate that this is happening again.

Things are crazy around here right now trying to prepare for tomorrow as well as the next few days.  My mom is coming to take care of the boys and Chad will be back and forth between home, the hospital and work.  Please remember our little Sophie in your prayers.  I will update y'all tomorrow when I can.

No comments: