Monday, December 10, 2012

Worship

My boys joined me in worship service this Sunday.  I realize that may sound a bit weird but usually they are in Children's church while the grownups are in worship service or "big church" as it is more commonly known.  I appreciate that they have a worship service more kid friendly and tailored to them and all their wiggles and giggles, but it is also a very nice change of pace for us all to worship together.  Because of their ages now, it is a more enjoyable experience, more worship and not as much work (as I remember it).   

My youngest stood on the pew seat beside me and I could hear him singing along with all the songs, such beautiful words and music to my ears.  I think I am too used to sitting in worship service without them and it shouldn't be that way.  They need to see their parents in worship and I loved having them with me.  It was a very meaningful morning.  

I have found that I am coming into contact more and more with others who are hurting or going through difficulty. Maybe I am actually being a bit more aware or sensitive to it, but I know it is all for a reason.  They may not be hurting or going through the same difficulty that I am but I am moved just the same.  Believe me, that is progress for me because for so long there was no one that could possibly hurt as bad as I did unless they to had a child like my daughter.  All other hurts in this world paled in comparison to mine and I had it way worse than anyone else.  

Let me tell you what a work God has done in that area of my life.  It is nothing I have done, but with patience and time God has changed my outlook and my heart.  I will never say that I have arrived, but I can see progress in that area of my life that I have prayed over for so long.  I hope this is all coming out right.  I have said before that I don't want all that has happened in our family to be in vain.  As a follower of Christ I am called to more than just surviving it, I am to comfort others with the comfort I have been given. I am to listen, support, pray, serve and share what God has done in the life of our family...what He has done in my life. In a place where I believed no joy could ever live again, God has placed healing, love, relationship, joy and even laughter once again.  That is what my Christmas will be full of...my cup runneth over. 

No comments: