Thursday, December 13, 2012

Their Prayers

I love to hear parents tell me of their children praying for Sophie Kate.  There is nothing like the simplicity of a child's prayer.  It's so pure and genuine and heart felt, so in the moment.  I feel like my prayers have a hidden agenda at times (of course not hidden to God, I am only fooling myself if I think that).  My selfishness takes over and I want God to do what I want over His sovereign will.  I have different angles and different thoughts running through my mind and I may not give the attention to prayer that I need to.    However, listening to a child pray for another child is different entirely.  Their words are so simple, why do we try to make it so complex?  Their intentions are so pure, why do we try to muddy it up with our own agendas?  

I have had people tell me of my boys asking prayer for their sister at church when she is sick.  My sister has shared with me about the prayers of her children (my nephew and niece) for SK.  A fellow special needs parent told me of her typical son praying for SK a couple of weeks ago when she was so sick.  This young man's brother has passed away, he misses him greatly and sends up prayers for his brother's friend who is struggling with illness.  A friend recently shared of her daughter's regular and steadfast prayers for SK's health, even through her surgery last fall.  I am so humbled that these little hearts would be turned and burdened for our girl.  I wonder what God thinks and feels when one of those little ones bows their head in prayer.  

God's Word tells us in Mark 10:13-16, "People were bringing little children to Jesus for Him to place His hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them.  When Jesus saw this, He was indignant.  He said to them, 'Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these.'  Truly I tell you, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.  And He took the children in His arms, placed His hands on them and blessed them."

They truly are all precious in His sight.  Thank you friends for sharing the prayer of your little ones with me, such a blessing.    

No comments: