Monday, December 31, 2012

Girls Night

I will get back to our regularly scheduled Christmas posts very soon, but first I have to share our girls night with you. I got to spend the night with this cutie while we were at PawPaw and MiMi's house.
Usually the only time SK sleeps with me is when she is sick, very sick and I need to be close to care for her throughout the night.  This time though was entirely different, this was just for fun.
It didn't take long for sister to fall asleep once we went to bed.  It was after 10 o'clock though so I really don't blame her.  Christmas vacation takes a lot out of a girl. I watched her for a while after she fell asleep, her breathing was quiet and regular.  Just as sweet as watching her fall asleep was waking up with her the next morning. Well rested and ready for the day, SK always wakes up so happy.  I was there to see that first stretch and that first smile.  I watched those big brown sleepy eyes squint and blink as she woke up.  I heard her breathing become louder and louder as it does when she's awake.  I rubbed her back and shoulders listening to her little sighs of brief relief from tight muscles...there constant and beaming was that smile.  In the midst of all that is going on there is always that smile.

Happy New Year!!

No comments: