Sunday, March 25, 2012

While on Spring Break...

While on Spring Break we stayed with my parents and visited with my sister and her family.  Although my parents live in Mississippi, they are not far at all from Memphis which is where I grew up.  So while we were there we took some time to hit the big city and with the "big city" comes a "big park."
I was going to crop some of these pictures down but I wanted y'all to see just how big this place really is and this is just one of about 5 different areas.
This is the playground at Shelby Farms in Memphis. 

Love his face in this one...


There was an area of all different types of swings...


These swings are all connected so when one goes down the others go up.
As you can imagine, Grey was flyin' high on these swings...
This is where we found the most awesome swing ever invented...

I have never seen a more perfect swing for Sophie Kate ever!!



She spent a lot of time swinging with her brothers...

Next came the slides and rock walls...

Once again I am trying to give you an sense of how big this stuff is. The slides are huge and are literally built into the dirt, for lack of a better word.



We cooled off with some Slushes before we left...
We had lunch at my favorite barbecue place in Memphis, Corky's.  
Their dry ribs are an experience in and of themselves.  A friend I have known since we were in 3rd grade together met us there.  It was wonderful to catch up with her and introduce her to all my kids.


We ended our day with one last surprise stop.  One of the last exits as you leave Tennessee just before you cross the state line into Mississippi, will take you to this famous house...
Do you know who it belongs to?  I do and I have been in it several times too.  If you know me well that last statement will not surprise you at all.  Chad actually prides himself on having grown up and lived in Memphis for years and years and never visited this home.  He's obviously not the fan that I am.

Yes, it's Graceland home of Elvis Presley.  Now we didn't take the full tour this day, we just stopped by to take a picture in front of the house.  These children aren't old enough to appreciate such a tour yet.  They would not have been showing it the reverence it deserved and that would have irritated me verily.


Well, we did all that in just one day and I did it all by myself with all of these kids and we all survived and nobody ended up crying, not even me, ha ha.


Thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: