Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Grey!

My sweet little red headed is 6 today.  I can't believe that he is over halfway through his Kindergarten year, soon he will be a first grader. Time will you please slow down, my heart cannot take him growing up so fast.


He had another birthday party while we were at my parent's house over Spring Break...


He got a new soccer ball and a soccer goal and quickly put them to good use...


Grey seems to think that he turns a year older with each party.  So last year when he was 4 turning 5, after three parties in his mind he was 7.  This year, with 3 parties again, he will be 10 years old by the time all the parties are said and done, ha ha.  Somehow all that seems perfectly logical to Grey.  


He's so much fun.  I cannot help but smile when he's around.  He has the ability to make me laugh hysterically about something he has said or done and then tear up in the same moment when I see his tenderness toward his sister.  His intentions are so genuine with her, so spontaneous and real.  The depth of his feelings for her stirs my heart.


Their first meeting, he was still just a baby himself...
  

One of my favorites of these two...
Just look at the way Sophie Kate is looking at him.

This one captures him perfectly...

Grey's life verse: 1Peter 3:15 "But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence."  

He's a living, breathing, walking, talking example of kindness and compassion.  He is a pleasure to parent (99% of the time, ha ha).  Happy Birthday Grey!! 


Please keep Jacob in your prayers, he's headed for his fourth ear surgery tomorrow (Thursday March 29).

No comments: