Friday, October 21, 2011

A Day of Rest

I wish the "rest" part of this post applied to last night, but alas Sophie Kate is still running a fever so she will be off to the doctor today and Chad and I alternated getting up through the night keeping Jacob's pain medicines going. Let's get back to our Disney vacation so that I can live vicariously through myself, cause this week has turned out to be a lot harder than I ever thought it would be.


After our 2:00 in the morning Magic Kingdom day, there was no way any of us we're getting up to head to the parks at 9:00am so we took a day off.  I had us scheduled for a day off later in the week (because I knew that we would need it), I never dreamed we would be using it after only one day in the parks, but we did.


So we got up late and headed to Downtown Disney for some shopping.  I love all the stores being in one place and I love that it's all Disney all the time.  I feel the need to mention that all of Disney was decked out in it's fall finest, so we took advantage of some photo ops.


  
Grey would not ditch the "rock star pose" all week long, it cracked me up until he did it in one of the pictures with Cinderella, then it wasn't so funny.


Inside the World of Disney there is a build your own lightsaber station, the force was very strong and they were powerless against it.


Here they are with their finished products...

Cooper opted to save his money for something else, he's our resident penny pincher.

On to the Lego Store...



...that was another place my boys could have spent the day at.


 Pirate faces...


Next we went back to our hotel for some pool time...



At our resort they show movies every night out by the pool, so we just hung out there for the rest of the evening, the weather was great.  


With the dining plan we were on, the boys got a dessert with just about every meal.  Chad and I had a running joke going that there must be something in the ice cream that makes you lose all contact with the outside world.  We never knew what day it was, what time it was or what was going on in the world outside of Disney.  We were completely consumed and content in our Disney bubble. 


That wraps up day 2 at Disney and because we took a day of rest on only our second day there, we had to hit it hard with a park a day for the next 4 days.  Next up...Animal Kingdom, coming soon.

No comments: