Monday, June 13, 2011

VBS Week

We just completed Vacation Bible School at our church this week.  What a week it was, all glory to God for all that was accomplished.  Our children raised over $2,200 for missions (oneverse.org) during VBS, that blows my mind. I don't know about the rest of the parents, I may be confessing something I'll be sorry for later, but I only sent money with my children out of my own pocket on Monday. The boys dug into their own wallets and banks for the offering they took the rest of the week.  Judging by the amount of change in the offering plates as they went around,  I imagine that other children were doing the same, what a blessing.




I have helped with Vacation Bible School since Cooper was a baby.  I did miss the year after SK was born because we were over in Georgia doing hyperbaric oxygen treatments. My heart was so torn up that week in June as I headed to GA instead of heading to my church for VBS.  Some may think I'm crazy, because VBS is exhausting no doubt, but I just wanted to do something normal and normal for me is VBS. 



There is just something about being in a worship rally with close to 1,000 Kindergarten-Sixth graders singing praise songs to God.  It is a blessing to my soul to watch them worship.  They are so uninhibited and genuine.  Sophie Kate's face was lit up by all the wonderful sights and sounds, she always responds so sweetly to music.


    


Sophie Kate participates regularly in the Special Needs class at our church.  This class frees me up to serve in some of the boys' classes and to be a part of some of the things they are doing.




She's included and participates in many activities...





They do so much with her during the week.  As you can see from the pictures she absolutely loves being there.  I don't have to worry for one minute about her when she is there, she is loved and cared for in such a sweet way.






I'm thankful for a wonderful week for my my girl, normalcy for my family and an experience alongside 1,000 kids that genuinely touched by heart.  I know they were a sweet aroma to their Creator as well.  Their enthusiasm is contagious, I pray we won't get over it any time soon.


Thanks for checking in on us.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

so glad you have precious people in your church to care for SK!