Thursday, January 27, 2011

Lately

Sophie Kate was finally able to get back to school this week.  I was lamenting on facebook last week that she had only been to school one day in the whole month of January.  Between snow days and sick days (pink eye and sinus infection), school just hadn't been working out lately.  In fact, this is the boy's first full week of school since before Christmas.  Well, now SK has been to school 3 days in the month of January.

Each day that SK goes to school, she comes home with a little summary of her day, this week SK got to be line leader.  I tell you what, that absolutely made my day.  They include her in everything they do.  They find a way, whether it is music, story time, centers or craft time.  She doesn't just watch, she is included and they find a way for her to participate in any way she can.  Now you know why it pains me so when she can't go, I know she's missing out on something that she enjoys.  It's been a wonderful thing for our girl.

We are in the middle of basketball season right now so sister gets toted to two games every Saturday.  Baseball sign ups where last week and I can't help but look forward to winter turning to spring and the sound of a bat to a ball.  Don't get me wrong, I love watching the boys play basketball, but I don't love the freezing cold we've been experiencing here in the deep South this winter.  We don't do cold well. 






I'm looking forward to getting out and buying baby girl some spring and summer clothes whenever they start putting that stuff out.  I've had enough of forecasts where we struggle to reach the mid 30's.  I know, we still have the whole month of February to go, it's not looking good for me, but if I could just see some of those summer dresses in SK's closest I may be able to struggle through, ha ha.


Thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: