Sunday, January 2, 2011

Christmas Day

Christmas morning, as you can imagine, is nuts around here.




Nerf gun wars broke out with the new Nerf guns, including people waiting in ambush by the Christmas tree.  All the while,  baby sister was sleeping soundly in her bed...


She was the last one up, I have no idea how she slept through all the activity.



Santa brought SK a little buzzing bee toy that she liked holding.  It was not lost on me that I was able to get this little girl out of her own bed on Christmas morning.  It was not lost on me that she woke up under the same roof with her brothers.  There has been such loss, hurt and pain this year in SK's community and it was not lost on me that we were all together on Christmas Day...I did not take one second of it for granted.

 


There is a story behind Grey and the circle Coke in the picture below.  Each year Santa puts a circle Coke in the boys stocking and it seems from Christmas to Christmas that the "circle" Coke is the only thing Grey ever remembers.  Seriously, each year Grey says, "I sure hope Santa brings me another circle Coke this year." 


Christmas Day was topped off with a beautiful snowfall...




Grey found a cup outside that was completely full of snow.




 

These two pictures are so hilarious to me.  We are sooo not prepared for this kind of weather down here in Alabama.  My kids were freezing, but they do not consider going inside an option when it is snowing.

 
A white Christmas here in Alabama, it really was the perfect day.  We are still not done with Christmas, there is more to come.  Thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: