Monday, November 8, 2010

She's Three

I have said it both to myself and out loud to others, mainly in her first 1 1/2 to 2 years of life...why God, why did you allow her to live if this is how she is going to be...this is no life, this is not fair.  I have thought that her birthday and just this whole time of year would be so difficult for so long, maybe even forever.  When would the time come that the pain and hurt of November 3rd 2007 and the days following would not be the prevalent emotion of the day for me.  


Well...it was good this year, it was happy, it was fun.  The tears only came in quiet moments by myself.  It was a celebration of her 3 years with us and it is something to be marked and remembered.  I cannot tell you what it means to my heart for our family and friends to come together in celebration of our girl's birthday.  


Minnie Mouse was the theme this year and it all works in so well for us to have a Halloween birthday party as we have done for the past 2 years.




My friend made the cupcakes and they turned out so cute.




I bribed Grey with candy to get him in this Mickey Mouse costume for just a few pictures with his sister.



He'll do anything for candy.


Opening presents...


SK trying on some of her fun new lip glosses...


Our happy little girl enjoying her party.



Thank you God for this little girl and her smile.

  
We had our own family celebration on SK's actual birthday.

 
Everyone is always excited about a reason to eat more cake, right?


Yes, her shirt has a number 3 on it, it's so cute.


Can anyone guess why the boys school clothes have a pink outfit stacked on top of them?  Yep, SK starts preschool today.  Stay tuned...there will be more to come on that later.

Thanks for checking in on us.

4 comments:

Amy Waggoner said...

What a beautiful Minnie Mouse! I can't believe she is starting pre-school today. What a joyous day! I know how important those milestones are. I hope you have a blessed day.

Amye Jo said...

Thanks Amy, lots of emotion today but all in a good way.

Unknown said...

I still get choked up everytime Maggie leaves for school. But, it is a good thing. :)

Anonymous said...

We are so blessed to have her in our class! Thank you for sharing her with us! She is such a joy to be around and her friends have beeen waiting to meet her. They asked where she was on Tuesday.
Holly