Monday, December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas

Christmas break is finally here and you all know we are enjoying unscripted, unscheduled days.  We are staying up late, sleeping in and staying in our pajamas for longer than we should.  We are spending time with family, friends and just each other and it's all good.  

We spent the weekend with Chad's family.  It's always an undertaking to bring 21 people together from 4 different states, but we did it and we did it well.  I don't think the dishwasher ever quit running, because when this group gets together, the food both quantity and quality is out of this world.  The kitchen at my in-laws house will be feeling the effects of this group for days to come I can assure you.  

I snapped these two pictures of my group with my phone...
 My goodness, these four, I can hardly stand it.
  Seriously, these two, I can't take it.

I love getting Christmas cards in the mail.  I love seeing how everyone has changed and grown over the year.  I love seeing pictures of friends and family that live far away now but still keep in touch.  The Christmas card seems to be a dying tradition but there are some things that I just can't let go of no matter how antiquainted they become...I'm stubborn like that.
This is our Christmas card this year...sigh, time please slow down.  Merry Christmas y'all, may the meaning of the manager permeate everything we do this day and all year long.

Luke 2:10-12, "And the Angel said unto them, Fear not for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.  For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.  And this shall be a sign unto you, Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger."

No comments: