Sunday, December 14, 2014

Don't Miss It

We are trying to navigate our way through these days with positioning and comfort concerning Sophie Kate and her right hip. I addressed our newest challenge with our girl in the previous post.  We are having some pain free days and some pain full days.  Unless you have experienced such a thing there are no words I can use to describe what it does to you to see your child in such pain.  The only thing I can say is that Sophie Kate is the toughest and strongest person I know.  The pain she has experienced in her life is unimaginable to most of us and most of the time she doesn't even cry.  So I don't even want to think about the amount of pain she is in for tears to roll down her face...that's where we are...it's not everyday but it's too many days.

When you see us out and about without her, know that a part of us is missing.  Part of my mind and my heart is at home with her, thinking about her and concerned for her. It's not that I do not have complete confidence in the person who so kindly sacrifices of their time to care for her, it's the mama in me or simply the human being in me. When you see me without her, when I shouldn't be without her, you have to know that I am walking a very difficult line between faking it and bawling.

I can't make someone understand who doesn't want to, all I can do is share.  Make time for people, have a conversation, play a game, hold them in your lap or sit next to them and listen to them while you let something else go. Sophie Kate doesn't need anything that she will get this year (and I'm sure the same could be said for most of us). If I could be so bold to speak for her, let me tell you what would make her short list...talk to me, read to me, sing to me.  She wants a comfortable spot with her family and friends all around her and she wants us to laugh and love and just be.    

I hope you can feel the struggle in my words.  The conflict in my soul is something I can feel.  Please don't miss the message of Christmas in all the presents and demands of the season.  The message of hope and love that came to save a world lost in the darkness of our own sin.  Don't miss the message of the manger where love came down and walked among us.  Don't miss the message of the cross where Christ took the full punishment of our sin upon Him.  Don't miss the message of the empty tomb where Christ defeated death and made a way for us to live with Him in heaven.  Don't miss the message and gift of eternal life in Christ this Christmas. 

After singing "Just as I am" this morning in church, I feel a verse from the King James version coming on...Isaiah 9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a Son is given: and the government shall be upon His shoulder: and His name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."   

No comments: