Wednesday, June 11, 2014

What I'm seeing

The most beautiful things come out of this life with our girl...moments made sweeter I think because of the hurt and because of the difficulty.  I see compassion growing in these boys.  I see a tender touch or a conversation with her when they don't think anyone is watching.  I see them run through our family room heading outside and they stop and reach out to her and talk to her just long enough to see that smile.

At church, I see 13 year olds working with our special needs class and they're not just present...they are engaged and hands on.  I see a senior adult class getting to know a little girl in a wheelchair and finding out how they can help her and her family.  I see a group of men who work just as hard being retired as they did when they were employed doing what they do best.

I see new friends for Sophie Kate who want to get to know her and spend time with her.  Yes, friends her age...sweet girls with kind hearts.  I see friends, family, church folks and a community who never tire of being there for us.  I am so grateful for the folks God has surrounded us with.  He knows our needs before we do.  He goes before us.  He is making a way.

No comments: