Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Our Weekend

My husband and I spent 48 hours away from everything this weekend...away from our house, our jobs, our responsibilities and our children.  It was the first time we have spent that much time apart from Sophie Kate in her entire life.  Our church, as well as our friends and family showed us this weekend what "it takes a village" really means.

We slept late, we ate some good food and pretty much did whatever we wanted whenever we wanted.  We didn't even have to leave our spots poolside for lunch, they took our orders and brought our food out to us.  Seriously, the only thing I managed to accomplish on Saturday was to flip half heartedly through a Southern Living magazine.  Oh and I did manage to get myself to the spa for some indulging spa treatments.  We were totally spoiled.  

At one point over the weekend Chad asked me if I missed the kids.  My answer to that was that we have spent time away from the boys before, it isn't unheard of for them to go spend a week at my parents house during the summer, but we have never been away from Sophie Kate for that long together before.  Her and I are together so much, she requires so much of my time.  Tears filled my eyes and spilled over onto my cheeks just at the thought of her. There were so many feelings being apart from her...yes I missed her, yes I wanted things to go well with her while we were away and yes it just felt very weird for her not to be with me.  It's always her and I together, so this weekend was very much needed for Chad and I for so many reasons. 

It's still hard to believe that the weekend even took place, but it did and all the details fell into place and it all went so well.  So many people were involved not only to make this weekend take place but to make it the success it was, we are so grateful to all of you for placing such value on our marriage.  We are humbled again at the outpouring of love for our family.  

No comments: