Monday, July 1, 2013

Telling her story

I had a conversation with someone this week about pretty much everything that has happened in our lives over the past 5+ years...starting with the day Sophie Kate was born up until now.  It took almost 2 hours.  There is so much content, so much ground to cover, so many stories and so many emotions contained in the past five years.  I don't feel like I did it justice, I don't feel like I did her justice.  I have become so used to speaking for her, but what I say is usually medically related or maybe a fun comment here and there about her outfits, ha.  I also know that I have to speak up for her so that she isn't overlooked in this world, but I don't feel qualified to speak for her. 
Sophie Kate has a presence about her that needs no words. Her smile alone says more than anything I could say to describe it.  To describe her would be to take away from her.  I find that she teaches me far more things than I could ever teach her...things like contentment and finding joy in your circumstances.  I have never seen someone so content and happy in their surroundings than my girl. She's a quiet presence in a noisy world, a sweet soul that gives so much more than she takes.  I am humbled to be a part of her story and privileged to share it with others.

Check out the whole story here...http://laureljoycegriffith.com/blog/.  My friend Laurel did do her justice, she has a gift with the written word. 

No comments: