Thursday, November 29, 2012

Just Sick

I mentioned in the last post that Sophie Kate was sick. Well, here we are 7 days into this thing now and she is still sick.  It has been awful helplessly watching her go through this for the past week.  It's being called a flu-like virus, I will spare y'all the gory details.  Let's just say she's miserable and so are we. 

The last time she was this sick outside of the hospital was her kidney infection last year.  In fact it was exactly this time last year, what is it with this time of year?  These things hit her so hard and take so much out of her.  Her smile is gone, she is unable to sit up even with support and in it's place is completely lethargy.  I haven't seen her eyes but for about 5-10 minutes each day...that's not my girl.  

My nursing skills are certainly heightened.  My stethoscope is out, the suction machine is out and the thermometer is out.  Our family room looks like a very comfortable hospital room.  I just pray we can keep her here.  

I wanted to introduce y'all to the newest member of our family today and I am still going to do that...
This is Frank, our 8 month old dachshund. 
He has hardly left her side this week and has completely endeared himself to me.
I will certainly devote an upcoming post entirely to him because his cuteness knows no bounds, but for now as you can clearly see we are all very busy caring for and comforting our baby girl.  

A huge thanks to our friends and family that know how difficult things become when our girl is sick and step up and help out in many ways, y'all are the best.  Please pray that she will start feeling better soon and that she won't get any secondary infections from being sick for so long.

Thanks for checking in on us.   

No comments: