Monday, July 23, 2012

Back to Reality

We're back from our trip to Smith Lake.  Well, I guess I should clarify...some of us (me, Chad and SK) are back from vacation and some of us (Cooper, Jacob and Grey) are still on vacation.  The boys left the lake and went home with PawPaw and MiMi.  We had a great time and I have sooo many pictures to share, but it's back to reality for Chad, SK and myself.  Chad goes back to work today and SK and I have multiple doctor and dentist appointments.


The boys are going to be gone all week and SK and I don't know what we are going to do without them.  We have never been away from them for this long.  These appointments are nothing out of the ordinary for SK, just the guys she sees every 6 months.  It's unfortunate that they choose not to know more about her.  She's a diagnosis to them and they think they see kids like her every day. They don't take the time to see each child has their own personality, with so much love and warmth to give.  It's a shame that they don't try to get to know her more and provide a little more support than just writing prescription after prescription.  She's so much more than a diagnosis, a chart and a medical records number.  


It will be a long day, but I know there is nothing they can tell me today that is going to change who my girl is.  They think they know her, but they don't.  While making the rounds to all of our appointments today we'll be wishing we were back at the lake.
We're missing our boys, but hope they have a great week. Thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: