Monday, June 18, 2012

Let me be singing when the evening comes

"Let me be singing when the evening comes."  As we sang those words yesterday morning in church, I felt a huge lump well up in my throat.  I thought to myself...here I go again...I have cried enough for a lifetime over the past 4+ years.  I'm tired of crying, so I tried to hold back as best I could the flood that was fixing to soak my face.  I've actually become pretty good at it...did I mention that I'm tired of crying? 


However, as the day went on I couldn't get that one line from the song "10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord)" out of my head.  We really don't know what tomorrow will bring. I know I didn't think my world would be so radically changed in the early morning hours of November 3, 2007. I didn't know what that day would bring for our family...that our baby girl would be clinging to and fighting for a different kind of life than we could have ever imagined.


On good days and on bad days, on days where worry, anxiety and fear threaten to cripple me, "Let me be singing when the evening comes."  On days when we receive difficult news, I will remember the Lord's faithfulness and love.  In Him there is joy and peace and in Him there is hope and healing.  As the song says...
"The sun comes up, it's a new day dawning
It's time to sing Your song again
Whatever may pass, and whatever lies before me
Let me be singing when the evening comes."

Father God by Your hand we live and breathe, by Your hand we have been blessed beyond what we deserve.  May we be mindful everyday of Your goodness and mercy. Guard our hearts, minds and mouths that we honor You with what we say and do. 

Psalm 31: 21-22 "Praise be to the Lord, for He showed me the wonders of His love when I was in a city under siege. In my alarm I said, 'I am cut off from Your sight!' Yet You heard my cry for mercy when I called to You for help."

No comments: