Monday, July 18, 2011

Jacob's Tour of Birthdays

How is it that my children have worked it to where their birthday celebrations end up spanning the entire month of their birthdays?  The month of March ended up being one party after another for G-man and now July has shaped up in much the same way for Jacob.


We kicked off Jacob's tour of birthday parties at Smith Lake...


Then there was an impromptu pool party with friends...


Then the weekend of his actual birthday (July 15) we let him choose where he wanted to eat.  All my children choose the Japanese place where they cook the food in front of you.  Therefore, in our house it is called "cook in front of us."  They have always called it that, they don't even know the real name of the place and come to think of it, I'm not sure that I do either...it's just "cook in front of us."



and then we were off to Yogurt Mountain for dessert...




If you haven't had the privilege of the yummy goodness of Yogurt Mountain, I would encourage you to find the one closest to you and head there straight-away, you can thank me later.


Jacob's tour of birthdays came to a close this weekend with Harry Potter, so sad to say goodbye to the Potter series, but it was the best one yet.  


So I think I can now officially say that as of the 18th of July 2011, we are done with Jacob's birthday celebrations until July 2012 rolls around.


I'll tell ya, I have no problem making this kid feel extra special on his birthday because of the selflessness we see in him year round. He has such a servant's heart whether it is in his interactions with his sister...




with his brothers, or with his friends.  He is so kind.  God's definitely got a hold of his heart, I pray that will always be so and that I don't do anything to mess things up. 


My accident prone middle son, my life would be so boring without you and I never want to be bored.  Time, would you please slow down...this little guy cannot possibly be 9 years old, can he?

Happy Birthday Jacob!! 

No comments: