Thursday, February 10, 2011

Our Way Maker

God has revealed himself to me in so many ways over the past three years.  I have come to know Him in such a deeper and more abundant way that I ever had in all my years prior.  On November 3rd, 2007 our world crumbled, four days after that the rubble that was left fell out from underneath us.  There were no options only grim medical diagnoses and terminology...there was no way. 

To our human eyes there was no way through this or around this. To our human eyes there is no way we can exist, deal or live with something like this without God, without faith and hope.  I honestly don't know how families have picked themselves back up without the hope we have in Christ.  The assurance that this is not all there is, the knowledge that this life is temporary.  The things my eyes can see, the things my hands can touch, the things that this world tells me are real are all temporary.

This is a daily thing for me.  There are times when I feel that I shouldn't still be struggling so, that I still shouldn't be so sad and so torn up by all this.  God has given us the ultimate gift of love in His Son Jesus Christ...salvation from a life of sin so that we may spend eternity with the One who loves us more than words can describe. 

When I get bogged down in the weight of things and I start in on the "whys" of all this, I think of the day when we will be home truly home, with our Creator, the lover of our souls.  This verse has fallen fresh on me this week and I want to share it with y'all, it comes from 2 Corinthians chapter 4 verses 17 & 18.  "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

Like the song says, "God will make a way when there seems to be no way.  Thanks for checking in on us.

No comments: