Monday, December 21, 2009

A Gift

The week leading up to Christmas Day is such a sweet and special time of year. All our gifts are bought and now we just get to relax, reflect and enjoy Christmas vacation with all our family. It seems after Christmas is over there is a mad rush to get everything cleaned up, I don't know why really, but that's just the way it is. So this is the period of time that I would stretch out if I could. I love the anticipation and excitement, I guess...and y'all always know that I love the lack of routine and schedule.

A peace and contentment have settled over our house and I could not be more thankful for that. As we focus on the birth of our Savior, I know that it is only by His grace and mercy that we are able to experience these days.

I must share with y'all how God is dealing with us in such a tender way. My oldest son came home from school a couple of weeks ago with some coupons he had made for everyone in the family. For example, he gave one to me and Chad for cleaning up his room. The one he gave Jacob stated that he would play a game of Jacob's choice with him. The coupons he gave to Grey and Sophie Kate were for reading a book to them. That's the one that got me...this is the child that has been the most standoffish with SK. For him to think of her at all would have been enough for me, but that he put such careful thought into it just blew me away. It was a very appropriate and genuine gesture on his part and believe me the gift of that moment was not lost on me.

Our little girl has been an absolute dream...just happy, smiling and enjoying life. You know, for over two years now I have not ever thought it was possible for SK or even us for that matter to enjoy anything. I have always thought...how could she possibly enjoy life with the situation she is in. Well, I have also been trying a new perspective and thankfully it has nothing to do with me! All it takes is one look at her, just one look at her as a person, as an individual to know without a doubt that she is happy...happy and content with her life, only her Creator could do that.



Our Creator God, our Savior who on Christmas day took the form of man to be born so that he could eventually die. Die for the sins of all mankind...there is no love greater, stronger, wider, or deeper than the love of Christ for us and that my friends is a very contented place to be and SK knows it.



"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." Galatians 2:20

Merry Christmas from our family to yours.

No comments: