Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Girl Hair

I am always looking for new ways to do Sophie Kate's hair. It's a bit of a challenge b/c she can't sit up on her own so she is either on her back or she is leaning against the back of her head quite a bit...so a traditional pony tail is out of the question. The style also needs to be held tight enough so that it won't come completely undone as she lays on her back and turns her head from side to side. I wasn't joking, it's a pretty tall order. Even when I put her hair in pigtails I end up redoing it 3-4 times throughout the day b/c it just can't stand up to the wear and tear. Now you know why SK's hair is always on top of her head, b/c when I do it like that it doesn't get messed up during the course of an SK day.

A few weeks ago my mom was here helping me out with things after Jacob had his ear surgery and this is what we did one morning to SK's hair straight out of the bath tub, wet and all...





I think she likes it...



It stayed put nicely for about half the day but it was a jumbled mess by the time daddy came home from work. The problem with this particular style is that mama can't do it by herself, I need an extra set of hands...so as much as I loved it on her, there will only be random sightings of this one.

Alright, switching gears...I know y'all have been missing pictures of the G man in his underwear. Someone please tell me what 3 year old knows how to work a feeding pump...when SK's pump starts beeping b/c her feeding is finished Grey is all over it.



Yay, fall break has officially started! Two days off school to do whatever we want not including getting up early, bus stops or homework. It has been rainy, cloudy and gloomy here for over two weeks with very little sunshine to speak of. It has been so dark in the mornings that it looks and feels like two o'clock in the morning when I am trying to get the boys up for school at 6:30. Well, all I have to say is that the sun better not be blazing into my boy's room tomorrow morning, I want to see the sun just as much as anyone else around here, but I'd like to wait until 9:00 to do so, can I get an Amen!?!

No comments: