Monday, October 5, 2009

The Gait Trainer is here!

Remember when I told y'all a while back that we were going to be getting Sophie Kate one of these...



of her very own.

Well here it is...signed, sealed, delivered and hot pink!





I took her up to the gym at our church so that she could roam around in some wide open spaces. Doesn't she look absolutely thrilled? Cheer up Sophie, it's not going to be that bad.



These are the new shoes we bought her to wear with her splints...



and off she goes...





I think this is the official "I'm done" face...



Yep, she was right, she was done...



I am trying to get SK in her gait trainer for a little while each day. She can only stay in it for short periods of time right now b/c she does get fatigued pretty quickly and I certainly don't want her fussing while she is in it. We want her to enjoy this experience not be unhappy with it. So far, so good she really likes being in the gait trainer, so we do it for about 20-40 minutes at a time depending on SK's attitude. It is very exciting to see her starting to put things together in an effort to maybe being mobile one day.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13.

No comments: