Friday, August 7, 2009

Sophie Kate's Biggest Brother

Our girl in her stander...





I love how happy she is...







These next few pictures are extra special to me. I feel like I have to give a little background first. Of all three of the boys, Cooper has been the most standoffish (if that's a word) when it comes to Sophie Kate. I don't know if it's b/c he knows more about what's going on than her other brothers do, or if it's that he's a little scared, or just being overly cautious. I don't really know, probably a combination of all three. Nevertheless, he has the least to do with her of all 3 boys. We try to encourage him and certainly answer all of his questions when he has them, but he kind of does his thing and lets SK do her thing. Until now...



This was completely spontaneous on his part. It gave me goosebumps all over, such a sweet moment between my oldest and my youngest. Cooper was reading "Brown Bear" to his sister. I am so thankful that he has found a way to interact and connect with her. His heart is so tender and I know full well how difficult it is to take this all in. He's such a great big brother.





We continue to work with SK each day in her stander and in her gait trainer. Hopefully each day she is gaining more and more strength. She is definitely getting tired from all the activity, so that must mean something. She's back to 3 naps a day and I use that term very loosely when it comes to Sophie. It's more like hold me for 15-20 minutes while I watch a little TV with my eyes closed, then I'll be good to go. She's gotta make sure that the world continues to revolve around her over here. Mission accomplished Sophie, you got us!!

1 comment:

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

That is so precious! Way to go Cooper....gotta love sweet big brothers!