Saturday, June 20, 2009

A Week of Firsts

It was a great week of Vacation Bible School at First Baptist Church Trussville, I think the adults may have had as much fun as the kids. Being a part of 1, 060 kids singing, laughing and praising Jesus was indescribable, but I’m gonna try. I love watching them worship Jesus in their own way, with their own music played loud and with lots of jumping around. Y’all hearing all of these children singing the words ”We belong to Jesus” sent goosebumps up and down my arms and caused huge tears to well up in my eyes. Kindergartners through Sixth graders singing “And in this world we will shine” made my heart so full. I know it blessed our Lord to hear those sweet voices of praise and absolute genuineness (if that’s a word) of heart, it sure did bless mine.

All my kids got to experience VBS, yes ALL of them. My boys (even little Grey) are seasoned pros, they look forward to this week every summer. For Sophie Kate however, this was her first experience with the loud fun chaos know as Vacation Bible School. She had her own class to go to and what a blessing that was. I was totally conflicted on whether or not to take her out of therapy and let her go to VBS and I am so glad that I did b/c she got to experience a lot of firsts this week. Of course without question I know that our family and friends want so much for SK and will do pretty much anything for her and will help her achieve any goal that is set before her, but when people you don’t even know feel the same way about your child it is an equally precious thing. SK’s teachers were fabulous and did sooo much with her, they weren’t about to let her sit around and watch and I just loved that!!

SK each morning before VBS…



SK and Mrs. Cindy coloring…




SK making a bookmark…



SK painting during crafts…


SK in music…





SK and Mrs. Melanie made an angel…



Oh my goodness how is it that SK has never petted a dog. I can’t believe I have denied her such things, look how happy she is…



SK each afternoon after VBS…



Praise God for a wonderful week, most importantly for the lives that were changed and turned toward Him. Oh that we could all experience that child-like faith in God, it is real, full-on, exciting and genuine just like they are. Thank you Jesus for blessing my heart this week through your people!!







No comments: