Monday, June 15, 2009

Another First for SK

Seems like this week is going to be just as busy as last week. It’s Vacation Bible School time at our church. Some of you may be wondering why this is news worthy, well I’ll tell you…it’s Miss Sassy’s first VBS. Last year we were in Atlanta for the month of June for Hyperbaric Oxygen treatments, which I am so grateful that we were able to do, but we sure did miss Bible School week.

Sophie Kate is in the ”special needs” class this year. I am going to start by saying that that pill was a little difficult for me to swallow, but it was far outshone by the love and care born out of that class. We have an unbelievable support system through our church here in Trussville (First Baptist). I have thought though, since SK has been born what it would mean to me as a visitor in any church for someone to welcome us there and have a special class for our girl. It would mean the world to me as her mother to have someone take her to her own class and for her to be cared for there and for her to be able to interact with other children, she loves that. Well, our church has made that happen this year for VBS, isn’t that so cool? I don’t know all the details at this point, SK has only been one day so far, but what I do know is that she has been a very smiley girl today.

I’ll definitely get some pictures and post them later and let you all know how the week turned out, but for now I will leave you with these pictures from a friend’s birthday party this weekend where Miss Sassy and her daddy went down the big slide at Pump It Up.







Did SK like the big slide? Let’s put it this way, she didn’t cry but she didn’t really want to keep doing it either, so you decide. Thanks for checking in on us.


No comments: