Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just a Lazy Day

The days are becoming more and more rare that SK and I actually have a whole day at home to ourselves, no going to therapy and no therapy coming to us.  I'm not real sure how this happened, back in August I had our outpatient therapy down to one day a week and then a therapist would come out to our house one day a week, pretty manageable I thought.  Now we are doing outpatient therapy two days per week, we were doing Kindermusick one day a week (that's over now) and then still had a therapist coming out to the house one day a week.  That schedule didn't lead to too much down time, especially when you take into account the things we do at home together.  Girlfriend doesn't get out of therapy just b/c we are not going somewhere that day, it's an everyday kinda thing.

So on this random no "scheduled" therapy day, here's what SK did in the am......

That's right take it all in b/c this will probably be the first and only time that my baby girl's picture will be taken in such an outfit and I use that term very loosely, really I'm appalled and I have no one to blame but myself for this.  Not only is she in her diaper, with no bloomers on (gasp!) but she is also still wearing her pajama top sans bottoms due to an incident that is SK's fault that happened earlier in the morning, enough said about that.  Then again some days are just meant to spend in your comfy clothes, aren't they?  Also, Sister, my apologies for the hair, it won't happen again.

In case any of you are curious as to what our weekly schedule is really like, I'll let you in on it.  Mondays, we do Wet Tots (water therapy at Lakeshore Foundation), Tuesdays used to be bible study (it just ended) at church followed by lunch with our friends, Wednesdays is outpatient Occupational Therapy with Sally (love her), Thursdays was Kindermusick (it just ended too) but now is therapy at our house with one of our Early Intervention therapists and then every other Friday is outpatient Physical Therapy.  Whew, I'm exhausted now and that is all done between the hours of 9:00am and 2:00pm which is Grey's school schedule.  Oops, I forgot to throw in a doctor's appointment of some sort oh about every 3 weeks, now I'm really done.

Speaking of doctor's appointments, someone has got one coming up next week b/c that's how babies get to celebrate their milestones with a well check up to their favorite pediatrician.  Actually we had to schedule a two-for this time b/c I forgot to take Grey when he turned three.  Cut me some slack, I have made a deal with these boys, I have to see so many doctors with SK that I can't be just going back up there for random reasons like ear infections and fevers (please know I am just kidding).  Anyway, so we have a double header set up for this Tuesday (May 5) for both Grey and Sophie Kate, can't wait.

We haven't heard that sweet giggle this week, the one I got to hear for the first time last week, but she is so close to doing it again.  We have been seeing that huge smile break out across her face a lot and that little laugh seems like it is ready to spill over at any moment.  Oh, y'all her smiles are sooo contagious.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!

No comments: